Thai curry pastes dishes are widespread in Thailand but can be a mystery for foreigners because it will be challenging to determine which ingredients are used in the authentic Thai curry recipe with Chicken. Moreover, It has a lot of varieties according to different regions in a country. Thai curry paste can be made in different ways, and it’s not difficult to cook them using simple ingredients. However, In this article, we describe in detail the authentic Thai curry recipes with Chicken; by following these recipes, you can cook it quickly at home.
- Authentic Thai green curry recipe
- Authentic Thai red curry recipe
- Authentic Thai yellow curry recipe
Authentic Thai green curry recipe
You can make authentic green curry by following the simple steps which are enlisted below.
- Make the curry paste.
- Prepare the Chicken.
- Make curry paste with the Chicken and coconut cream.
So, the detailed recipe is given below.
Green curry ingredients
- Chicken 1.4kg.
- Water 2 cup.
- Green curry paste.
- Coconut Cream 2-3 Cups.
- Thai eggplant 6-10.
- The stem of Thai sweet basil.
- Red Spur chilies 2.
- Kaffir lime leaves 20.
- Salt 1/2 tsp Of salt to taste.
Green Curry Paste ingredients
- Thai green chilies 150 grams.
- Garlic 1 head.
- Shallots 3 – Small shallot.
- Galangal 1 thumb-sized piece chunk.
- Coriander roots 5.
- 1 kaffir lime peel.
- lemongrass 2 stalks.
- White peppercorn 1tbs.
- Coriander seed 1 tbs.
- Cumin seeds 1tbs.
- Salt 1 tbsp or according to taste that suit you.
- Shrimp Paste 1 tbsp.
Recipe authentic thai green curry
Curry Paste Recipe
- Remove the stem from Thai green chilies.
- Peel off the garlic and shallots.
- Cut the galangal, coriander roots and lemon grass into thin slices.
- Carefully cut the bumpy green peel for the kaffir lime.
- Add coriander and cumin seeds into a hot pan for a dry roast for 30 seconds to develop flavor.
- In a mortar and pestle, put all the ingredients for the green curry paste, except for the shrimp paste, which you will add last.
- Mash all the ingredients until it becomes a smooth paste.
- Mashing can take 1-2 hours, and you’re looking for a smooth, pureed paste.
- The measure of a Thai curry paste is that you shouldn’t see any more chili seeds in your paste; they all need to be crushed.
- Once your pasta is ready, add the shrimp paste and mix and puree until evenly combined. Your green curry paste on the side.
Prepare the Chicken
- Clean all the Chicken.
- Make the small pieces of the chicken. Alternatively, you can use signature cuts like drumsticks and drumsticks or boneless chicken breasts.
- In a pot, pour the 2 cups of water, add green curry paste and pieces of Chicken and toss in approximately 10 kaffir lime leaves damaged in half (that is for a citrusy fragrance).
- Boil the chicken for approximately 10 minutes, or until the chicken becomes tender and the maximum of the water has dried.
- Leaving, in general, the thick curry paste and Chicken at the lowest of the pot.
Make curry paste including coconut cream and cream
- While the chicken is boiling, Add the Thai eggplant by slicing them into quarters.
- Pluck the Thai candy basil off the stems, so you have the leaves and set them aside.
- After approximately 10 minutes of boiling the chicken, add the crimson spur chilies into the coconut cream and stir the spoon gently.
- Add salt 1/2 tbsp or according to your taste.
- You check the taste of your chicken curry at this stage.
- Add eggplant and crimson spur chilies and boil it for 2 to 3 minutes.
- In the last, toss the Thai sweet basil.
- Turn off the heat, and wait for the sweet to wilt into the curry.
- Put the green curry into a bowl and serve it with freshly boiled rice.
Authentic Thai red curry recipe
Authentic Thai red curry paste is too delicious and easy to make. The recipe for Thai red curry is given below in detail.
- Bamboo slices (20 oz 1 can).
- Coconut cream 1 cup.
- Red curry paste (1/3 cup) or according to taste.
- Garlic paste (4 cloves).
- Chicken cut into 1-2 inches pieces (1lb).
- Coconut milk ( 13.5 oz 1 can).
- brown sugar 2 ½tbs.
- 4 kaffir leaves in thin slices.
- Thai basil leaves 1 cup, separate leaves.
- Fish sauce (optional).
Recipe authentic thai red curry paste
- Firstly, open the bamboo can and wash out the liquid using a strainer.
- Clean the bamboo with warm water and put the bamboo slices into a saucepan filled with water. Boil it for 10 minutes at medium heat.
- Drain its water and keep the slices separate for a few minutes.
- Pour the coconut cream into a pan and turn on the heat. Keep the heat medium to high until the coconut cream separates.
- Turn down the heat and add curry paste and garlic paste.
- break up the curry paste, stir it gently and cook until the sauce converts into a thick and creamy texture.
- Add bamboo slices, chicken pieces, and coconut milk and mix them.
- Cook it until the chicken cooks well for 8-10 minutes.
- Moreover, add brown sugar, kaffir lime leaves and cook it for 2 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and add the basil leaves, stir and wait for 5 minutes until curry temperature becomes normal.
- Additionally, You can add fish sauce to it if you want to make your curry taste a bit salty. You can also add some extra chilies if you like more spices. You can use some Thai green chilies for garnishing while serving.
- It is essential to boil the bamboo slice before using it to remove the smell or taste of the can.
- You can use Italian sweet basil if Thai basil leaves are not available.
- You can use beef, shrimp, firm tofu or pork to get more protein than Chicken.
- Kaffir lime leaves are beneficial to increase the taste. So, It’s a little bit hard to use anything as a substitute for lime leaves.
Authentic Thai yellow curry recipe
Thai yellow curry is not easy to cook, but by following this authentic Thai curry recipe, you can quickly cook flavourful curry at home and eat it with rice.
- Virgin coconut oil 1tbs.
- Yellow curry paste 4tbs.
- Coconut milk (15-ounce high quality 2 cans).
- Chicken stock (1-2 cups)
- 4 Carrots without peel (cut into slices)
- Medium size 4 potatoes ( cutting into small pieces)
- yellow onion 1 ( chopped )
- Thin slices of 2 chicken breasts
- Fish sauce 1.5 tsp ( for additional taste)
- Salt 3/4 tsp ( for extra flavor)
- Sugar 1.5 tsp ( for different tastes)
Garnishing and serving ingredient
- Lime wedges
- Jasmine rice
Recipe authentic thai yellow curry
- Pour the coconut oil into a pan over medium to high heat.
- Add the curry paste into the coconut oil and fry it for around two minutes until aroma. Stir the spoon carefully because curry paste should not stick to the pan bottom.
- Add the top layer of the coconut solid into the curry paste and fry it for a minute. And then, add the rest of the coconut milk and one cup of chicken stock and stir it well.
- If you want to keep curry soupier or thinner, add one more cup of chicken stock. Give it one boil and turn the heat down.
- Add the small pieces of potatoes and cook until half cooked.
- Then add chopped onion and carrots to it. Cook it till the carrots are almost fork tender.
- Add thin slices of chicken and cook it for 2-3 minutes or cook till it is tender enough (avoid Chicken overcooking). Moreover, remove the pot from heat.
- According to your taste you can add fish sauce, sugar and salt.
- For serving, put the curry into a bowl and garnish it with lime wedges and cilantro.
- We use the mandolin to cut the carrots in equal sizes to develop their taste, as we usually see in restaurants.
- You can prepare this recipe for those who love vegetables. You must use vegan fish sauce or soya sauce and skip the Chicken and fish sauce.
- If the virgin coconut oil is unavailable, you can use vegetable oil as a substitute.
- Traditional Thai curry should be soupy and thinner but not too thin. If you want thick curry, you should need high-quality coconut milk with less water. In other words, the curry will be thick if the coconut is pure.
- If your curry is thinner or soupy, you can add the cornstarch to water and mix it into the curry to get a thick curry.
Authentic Thai curry recipes with Chicken are prevalent in Thailand and are made using curry pastes. Curry pastes enhance the taste of the foods. It provides different types of proteins. Generally, when we add more spices into the paste, you can use it with meat and sturdy vegetables because they can provide more flavor. However, green and red curry pastes are more versatile and can work with almost everything.